Government Relations Newsletter, a benefit of your membership in SPAHQ, is designed to inform you of news on government, regulatory or accreditation actions that impact the Southeastern Pennsylvania quality professional.
For the full text of each item, click on the red links.
- CMS announces new primary care payment models
- CMS proposes payment changes for acute care and long term care.
- Hospitals with more dual eligibles, large hospitals, teaching hospitals, hospitals in the most disadvantaged neighborhoods, and those with the highest proportion of beneficiaries with disabilities saw a decrease in readmission rate, CMS payment penalties.
- FDA identifies harm reported from sudden discontinuation of opioid pain medicines and requires label changes to guide prescribers on gradual, individualized tapering.
- Joint Commission proposes new perinatal safety standards.
- Joint Commission to increase focus on dialysis units.